Combat the gender pay disparity through Training.
The purpose of AAUW Public Policy is to Advance gender equity for women and girls through education, research, and advocacy. The actions of the AAUW of Utah Public Policy Committee are driven by our members and their interests.
Statewide, we focus on:
- Getting women elected to public office by working with Utah Women’s Run.
- Passing the Equal Rights Amendment by working with the ERA Coalition.
- Conversations with Utah legislators at the annual Legislative Forum.
- Creating more diversity in our membership through collaboration with NAACP.
- Voter registration by working with the League of Women Voters.
- Salary negotiations through Work Smart programs.
- Using AAUW’s Two Minute Activist tools.