AAUW of Utah
We are tenacious and trailblazing — advocating for women and girls since 1881 and into the future!
American Association of University Women : Our Mission
Gender Equity & Economic Security
AAUW of Utah was founded in April 1981 to promote and empower women and girls throughout Utah. We are part of a national organization that has worked to advance gender equity through advocacy, research, and education since 1881; and we support 3 branches in Utah that are working on the local level for women and girls.
Statewide, we focus on:
- Getting women elected to public office by working with Utah Women Run.
- Passing the Equal Rights Amendment by working with the ERA Coalition.
- Conversations with Utah legislators at the annual Legislative Forum.
- Creating more diversity in our membership through collaboration with NAACP.
- Voter registration by working with League of Women Voters.
- Salary negotiations through Work Smart programs.
- Using AAUW’s Two Minute Activist tools.
We actively support the mission of AAUW and the AAUW Strategic Plan
“Beyond Aspirations: Advancing Equity for Women and Girls through Education and training, economic security, and leadership.”
AAUW works to support and educate women and girls to break through barriers to achieve empowerment and positions of leadership.
You can be a part of this effort. Join one of our branches and add your enthusiasm.
AAUW of Utah
Our State Organization
Salt Lake Wasatch
The Salt Lake City Branch was founded in 1917 to serve college graduates in the Salt Lake City area.
St. George: Founded in 1982, the mission of our Branch is to help advance equity for women and girls in Utah through advocacy and education.
Learn more about recent events for AAUW of Utah.